Speaker: Taranum Khan, Career – Education – Recruitment Consultant
“Job Search, Resume & Interview Tips for Newcomers”
Success rests in preparation and thorough research of in-field opportunities followed by developing an understanding of cultural competencies required in Canada. Strategically putting together tools such as a resume and cover letter based on Canadian standards and interview preparation, which are key to landing your dream role. Finally, add your brand presence and a solid network for career optimization to reach desirable heights!
Speaker: Kim Wolfshout, Toronto Real Estate Agent
“Guiding You Through All Things Real Estate”
Join Kim for an informative session on housing and real estate as it relates to newcomers to Canada.
You’ll learn about:
- Current market conditions for buyers and tenants.
- Different types of housing.
- The renting process.
- How to buy a property.
- Canada Housing and Mortgage Corporation & other organizations to help buyers & tenants.
Opportunity awaits. Kim will provide you with all the tools you’ll need to start your new home search.
Speaker: Maricruz Rodriguez, Mentoring Facilitator at Ryerson University
“The Power of Belonging in Community”
Maricruz was raised in a Latin American country, Ecuador, and moved at the age of 16 to Toronto to pursue her goal of attending post-secondary education. During this transition, she faced socio-economic, social, and mental health challenges. Now, she focuses on identity exploration, building community, self-empowerment, connecting across difference and personal development. Hear her story, be empowered to feel resilient and face your own personal challenges that come with moving to Canada.
Speaker: Elizabeth Nyakahuma, Associate, World Financial Group
“Managing Your Finances in Canada”
Elizabeth is passionate about educating individuals and families on the importance of financial literacy and applying this knowledge to build a strong financial foundation in Canada. Join her to learn more about:
- Debt Management.
- Proper Protection.
- Wealth and Asset Accumulation.
- Retirement and Education Planning.
- Estate Preservation.
Speaker: Veronica Wilson, Immigration Lawyer, Roots Immigration Law
“Pathways to Permanent Residency in Canada”
In this information session, immigration lawyer Veronica Wilson will help you navigate Canada’s permanent residence programs and identify which option(s) may be best for you. Some topics of discussion will include:
- Canada’s Express Entry system (Federal Skilled Worker, Canadian Experience Class, Federal Skilled Trades)
- Strategies and tips to enhance your Express Entry profile
- Provincial nomination options available under the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP)
- Eligibility for bridging open work permits & finding the right NOC code for your work experience.